As the end of another school year draws near, many parents are preparing their children for the long break before returning to a new class. For other children, it means a giant step to a new milestone called school.
Holding on to its values, which include integrity, respect for self, others and the environment, and lifelong learning, Sekolah Perkumpulan Mandiri puts forward academic excellence in an engaged community.
To establish this, the principle-centered school has embraced the “Leader In Me” program, which highlights the following seven character traits:
1) Be Proactive and responsible while taking the initiative to do the right thing;
2) Begin with the End In Mind to plan ahead and set goals, because the right choices can lead to success;
3) Put First Things First, creating priorities and sticking with a schedule;
4) Think Win-Win, balancing everyone’s needs in a conflict while maintaining individual independence;
5) Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood, which simply translates into a willingness to listen and be respectful toward others;
6) Synergize through team-building, uniting everyone’s strengths and realizing that together is much better than alone;
7) Sharpen The Saw, meaning to take care of one’s body, mind, heart and soul through friendships and interactions.
By applying the 7 habits, students are engaged to develop as successful individuals with a positive attitude.
Demand for education, particularly education based on international standards and curricula, is increasing year by year, especially in cities as diverse as Jakarta. To meet that demand, Sekolah Perkumpulan Mandiri provides education at every level, from kindergarten to high school.
The school has homeroom teachers, with co-homeroom teachers for its elementary classrooms, as well as specialized subject and expatriate teachers.
Using the Cambridge Curriculum, Sekolah Perkumpulan Mandiri also facilitates students who choose to pursue the national examination.
Safety is a significant issue when it comes to schools. At its campuses in Menteng, Sekolah Perkumpulan Mandiri provides a safe and secure environment for students to unleash their potential. Allowing you the parent to have peace of mind that your child is protected and supported throughout their educational journey.
Academic success is among the top goals for parents, students and teachers. Therefore, at Sekolah Perkumpulan Mandiri, students are encouraged to conduct balanced out-of-classroom activities, including field trips, student-led conferences and diverse extracurricular activities and join clubs to help them gain the skills they need to actualize their potential.
After all, we believe that there is no limit to learning and that the process continues through adulthood.